Saturday, September 12, 2009

Some people...

A major, major pet peeve of mine is when some people have the habit of always trying to be better or outshine everyone. They make everything a competition! Why? I can't stand talking to those sort of people because I know no matter what I say they will think it invalid and try to be better than me. For instance, the other day I said, "Man, I played video games for 5 hours today..." And then someone replied to that saying, "Psh, that's nothing, I played video games for 11 hours today!" Honestly, I don't think that makes them any cooler. Really, now. 11 hours sort of makes you seem like a person with no life, doesn't it? Not exactly something to be proud of. It made me laugh, but at the same time, peeved me because they had to be better. Who cares? Just do what you like and stop trying to be cooler than everyone. Most of the time it just makes you look sort of... annoying? I don't know. Not everything in life is a competition. Also, it wouldn't hurt if those people listened to what other people had to say once in a while instead of just exclaiming all of their accomplishments. I have a friend that talks constantly about herself, and when you try to contribute to the conversation, or try to fit in something about yourself, she ignores it and just continues talking about herself. I don't enjoy having conversations where I feel like I have to use a megaphone just to be heard, or having a conversation where I feel completely inferior because they are trying to be better than you. I guess there are just some people like that...

"I know the world's a broken bone, but melt your headaches, call it home." Northern Downpour by Panic At The Disco

[Side note: Second book assignment will be in tomorrow's blog.]

No comments:

Post a Comment