Friday, September 25, 2009

Mac vs PC

Last night I was having an argument (a funny one) with my friend about Mac vs PC. It was was silly, us coming back with little come backs that don't really even matter. This was pretty late too, so we couldn't think too well. It's such an on-going joke, this Mac vs PC thing. Personally, I own a Mac, but I have no problems with PC. I grew up using one and used them through school, too, so I don't really not like them like some. Sure, PC may have things I don't prefer, but I am fine with them. There's such a large population of people that strongly appose using Macs or even owning anything from Apple. I understand that they have reasons towards why they dislike Macs, but sometimes they are down right ridiculous. Once I asked my friend who owns the PC his serious thoughts of why he prefers PC over Mac and he said it was merely the price of them, and had no other problems. I wondered if that is why others don't prefer them. And I admit that, too. It's true that they're really expensive. But, there's a reason they are. Not that you can't find a good computer for a cheaper price, because you can. I don't know, I guess my point is just because it is too expensive shouldn't mean you base your entire opinion on the product. That's like saying a really expensive car sucks. No, it doesn't. It's expensive for a reason.

The whole reason I even have a Mac is not just because I can. I have it because, as said, I am an artist, and Macs basically run the art world. It's fantastic working on this operating system, with this fantastic display. It's for my career. I worked on PC's before in the past, and they were fine, too, but I've come to the conclusion that Mac, in my opinion, is better for art.

No comments:

Post a Comment