Monday, September 21, 2009

Oldies

Me and a friend were discussing our taste in oldies music such as Frank Sinatra, Bobby Darin, and The Beatles. We spent hours talking about the different songs, comparing and contrasting them, and even showing each other songs we didn't have from those artists. We discussed how Sinatra is one of the greatest singers that shaped a lot of music today, such as the singer Michael Buble. Buble is a modern day Sinatra and does covers of almost all of his songs. It's very well done. He sounds just like Sinatra. Yet, my friend pointed out that nothing can replace the real Sinatra. Bobby Darin has one of my favorite songs of all time, Beyond the Sea. It is relaxing and reminds me of when I was younger when I used to listen to it. And, then, of course, there's the classic Beatles. They shaped rock. Some people have strong opinions against the band, having many reason why they don't like them. I, however, love them and their influence on the music world as well. Their songs are used in so many things such as commercials and movies. They even made a movie based on their songs called Across the Universe. They are just so good. That's my opinion, though. All and all, me and my friend enjoyed discussing these oldies. We're about the only ones in our friend group that appreciate and like this music. It's great to have someone to talk about this stuff with.

No comments:

Post a Comment