Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Relax

Referring to one of my last entries discussing how technology has led to information being instant and fast, it made me sort of think about how that can make people impatient. If information is presented so promptly, that would be an easy way for us to be impatient for, for example, a text message response. If there is not a response from someone within 5 minutes, some people get angry and impatient. I have to admit that I am guilty of doing that at times. But, with being able to get info so quick, perhaps we don't realize how impatient we really get. Sometimes I hate how fast information travels on the internet, making it overwhelming because there is a sense of rushing. It sometimes makes me think someone is yelling at me, "No, you have to reply RIGHT NOW, quick! They are waiting!" It is sometimes so much, silly I know. It makes me just want to sit there and calm down, relax, and take a breath. Taking my time is something I've had to learn. I, like technology of communication, sometimes am too quick to do things, and it comes out sloppy. I have learned to just relax and take my time. I wonder if that analogy made any sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment