Thursday, September 24, 2009

Art

With music being one of my things, art is as well. Yeah, I'm an artist. That's what I want to do. I'm not sure what in art, but something. Most of the art I do is digital, meaning I draw on the computer itself, or I do work in photoshop with my photography. It's really fun because you learn something new everytime you work on something; new ways to do things, new techniques, etc. It takes a lot of time, too, just like traditional art. I don't just do digital work, though, I still do traditional. I did an oil painting over the summer, and it turned out okay. I am not much of a painter, though. It takes a lot of time and technique. Frankly, I'm just not that great at it. But, I also do a lot of things in colored pencils. I am decent at that. Just as it is with painting, there's a lot more layering involved with using colored pencils than one would think. I was in AP art last year in school, so I've done my share of art projects. My favorite ones are sitting up on a shelf in my room. You know, when thinking about why I do art, I can't really exactly say. Some people say it helps them express themselves or it is therapeutic or something, but I don't see that being a reason for me. I just do it because. Just because. I like to do it, yes, but I can't say there's any other deep, profound reason. I've basically just been drawing since before I could write a sentence. I can still remembering sitting at the kitchen table with some crayons as a kid, just drawing for hours. I suppose I still do that now, but with different mediums. In regards to mediums, I haven't really just drawn in a while with a basic pencil in my sketchbook. I think I should. I mean, we all need practice. Isn't that what the purpose of this blog is? To practice writing? A sketchbook to an artist is a blog to a writer. Or something like that. You get the general idea. It makes sense in my head, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment