Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Music

When I get a new song in my iTunes, I have a tendency to listen to it repeatedly. For hours. Even a few days. And in that few days time, the song has at least 100 plays. After a while, I don't really register that the song is playing and it's just more background noise now. However, somehow the beat and and lyrics of the song gets embedded into my brain and the next time I listen to it, I know the song completely. All the lyrics, every articulation of the words, and everything. Sometimes I surprise myself how I do that. That happened over the summer, actually, with a whole album. One of my favorite artists, Owl City, came out with its new album titled Ocean Eyes. I was so excited I played the entire album on repeat for weeks. But even after a few days, I knew every word to every song, even though it had been just such a short time. One of my other friends is similar, knowing every word to every song a few days or so after the album was released. I guess if I really like something, you will definitely know because I'll play it on repeat. However, it can ultimately lead to me getting completely sick of the album or song, but it's usually not too bad. I have other music I can listen to. So when I get tired of the other music, I got back to the music I played on repeat. That just reinforces how much I like the music even more.

I just like music, I guess. I play it, too. I was in orchestra for 6 years, 6th grade through 12th grade. I played the violin, and not to be conceded or anything, but I am good at it. I always did very well in orchestra. I am not sure why, but I just have a knack for it. Perhaps another reason was I practiced a lot, but I still had a natural talent for it. I also had many years of piano lessons, starting in elementary school. I still play decently well now, but I have not had lessons in years. I would absolutely love to have lessons again. Music is just one of my things.

No comments:

Post a Comment