Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Dreamer

Dreams can be really interesting. Last night, I had a dream that I had my Macbook on the counter and I spilled water all over it. I freaked out and frantically tried mopping all the water off of it with a towel. This has to be more of a nightmare, because I am extremely careful with my Macbook when I'm awake. Funny thing is, yesterday I was sitting in the family room with it and a cup of water got knocked over on the floor next to me. I thought that was really bizarre having a dream similar just the night before. I'm glad it didn't actually spill on it. I would have been petrified. It makes me wonder about dreams. What do they really mean? Are they at times warnings? Do they portray what your subconscious is worrying about? I dunno, I find them fascinating. It's amazing how the brain can do that while you're asleep. And then there's those dreams where you feel completely content and everything feels right in it, and you don't want it to end. Those irk me because sometimes it's about something I desperately want to happen, and it does happen in the dream. It makes me sigh in anger when I wake up. That's not to say all dreams are bad, of course. Some are really fantastic and detailed. It could give you ideas and insight. Although, if you're dreaming it, doesn't that mean it's already in your head? It's like this one time I dreamed of a person I had never seen before in my life. When I told my best friend that, he noted that I must have seen them before if they were in my dream. Does that have to be true? Does something have to have been perceived before it can be dreamed that night? I have so many questions.

These questions about why we have the dreams leads me to think about why certain things happened in them. For instance, why did I have a dream with one specific person I haven't really spoken to in years? Is it an indication that I should start talking to them?

Do dreams mean anything at all? I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment