Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Snow?

Snow? Snow?! How? It's December. It's Texas. It's December! What? How?!

Can you sense my amazement and confusion? I wake up today with three text messages that all basically said "It's snowing!" What?! I didn't believe them until I looked out my blinds to see white flecks beating the ground. Seriously, it was coming down in sheets. Well, talk about an exciting and unexpected morning, right? It was a pleasant surprise, though. Snow is so rare before February! Crazy. Very crazy. It was cool, though. I drove to school in the snow while listening to The Tip of the Iceberg by Owl City. It talks about welcoming winter once again and snow and stuff. It suited the drive quite nicely. However, I had a feeling the snow would soon be gone while I was at school, and I was right. By 10:00, it was clear, and it had all pretty much melted. I went to wfaa.com and on the home page the main new article is all about the snow. I noted that only in Texas would an entire article on the home page of a news website be devoted to snow. I told that to one of my friends, and he made a funny comment back saying, "Yeah and only it Texas does it snow then get up to 64 degrees in a few hours." I laughed. It's exaggerating a little bit, but it's still essentially true.

No comments:

Post a Comment